Thursday, June 2, 2011

9. The Big Day

Well, after several months of waiting, dozens of emails between myself and the trailer manufacturer to get modifications right, the big day finally arrived.  I left Ft. Lauderdale at 4:30am for the 7.5 hr. drive to Willacoochie, Georgia where my trailer would hopefully be waiting.  When I arrived, there were a couple of things to work out.  First, the rims that were on the trailer tires were not the ones I ordered.  Second, the handle to be mounted on the side of the entry door was M.I.A.  Brent, obviously the production supervisor, said that it would be done quickly.  He was right.  In an hour, I was back on the road for another three hour drive to Anastasia State Park near St. Augustine, Florida and my first night in the trailer.  Here are some pics of the trailer.  Click on the images to enlarge.






Next Post: Interior Work Begins

No comments: